In the driver's seat: David Coulthard's £30m hotel haul
Sunday 23 May 2010
Former F1 driver David Coulthard had good reason to grin as he co-anchored the BBC's Monaco Grand Prix broadcast last Sunday.
The Scot netted an estimated £30.3m last month with the sale of his Columbus hotel in Monaco to London & Regional, one of the largest private hotel owners in Europe.
The firm, owned by billionaires Ian and Richard Livingstone, includes three of the most prestigious hotels in the capital – the Hiltons in Park Lane, Trafalgar Square and Green Park. Its presence on the Côte d'Azur is not as broad, although its flagship is the region's largest hotel, the 602-room Fairmont Monte Carlo.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
musicPolice chief rejects rappers' claims that his work is as dangerous as law enforcement or military service
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
French café starts charging extra to rude customers
Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
North Korea: First Kim Jong-un orders execution of uncle - now it emerges that victim's wife was involved in decision to execute him
Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- 1 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 2 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 3 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading prov...
attractive: Citifocus: Leading Asset Management house, wish to identify a temp...
£200 - £240 per day: Harrington Starr: Client Data Management - City - Brokera...
£44999 - £60001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: A Top Tier firm i...