In the driver's seat: David Coulthard's £30m hotel haul
Sunday 23 May 2010
Former F1 driver David Coulthard had good reason to grin as he co-anchored the BBC's Monaco Grand Prix broadcast last Sunday.
The Scot netted an estimated £30.3m last month with the sale of his Columbus hotel in Monaco to London & Regional, one of the largest private hotel owners in Europe.
The firm, owned by billionaires Ian and Richard Livingstone, includes three of the most prestigious hotels in the capital – the Hiltons in Park Lane, Trafalgar Square and Green Park. Its presence on the Côte d'Azur is not as broad, although its flagship is the region's largest hotel, the 602-room Fairmont Monte Carlo.
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
iJobs Money & Business
£13000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to be part of a ...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Are you passionate about sale...
£25000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: A large financial services company...
£20400 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and highly reputable organisat...