Income at JPM falls by 4 per cent to $4.3bn
Friday 14 October 2011
JPMorgan Chase blamed a 4 per cent fall in income on weaker investment banking and trading results and a loss in its private-equity division.
The group, the first big US bank to post third-quarter figures, also set aside $1bn for litigation tied to poorly-written mortgages and securities.
The bank earned $4.3bn, compared with $4.4bn a year ago. Fees from investment banking fell 31 per cent to $1bn as investors stayed away from volatile markets. The market turmoil in the quarter also led to a 37 per cent fall in debt and a 47 per cent fall in stock underwriting fees as fewer companies sought to raise money by selling bonds or in public share offerings.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...