International Greetings boom
Wednesday 07 December 2011
The official Christmas cracker manufacturer for the Queen reported a robust half-year performance yesterday after selling 2 billion feet worth of gift wrap.
International Greetings, which sells Christmas crackers, cards and stationery, posted a 50 per cent rise in underlying pre-tax profits to £3.2m in the six months to 30 September while sales were up 6 per cent to £110m.
The company, which was formed in 1979 and now sells in 20 countries, said sales were driven by gift wrap and its Everyday range of cards for occasions outside of Christmas, such as birthdays.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ Dev...
£Negotiable: Citifocus: Polished and professional individual with RDR Level 4 ...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + attractive benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Senior...
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Commission Package: Harrington Starr: Due to winni...