Into University Partnerships' sale
An education group that specialises in partnering with universities, but is opposed by many lecturers, is looking to private equity to take a minority stake in the business.
Into University Partnerships, which has joint ventures with universities, including Exeter and Newcastle, has hired Credit Suisse to find an investor. It is understood that an information memorandum will be sent to potential bidders in the next two weeks.
However, there are signs that interested parties might be put off by directors' high valuation. They believe Into could be worth as much as £1bn within 10 years, though an industry source suggested that the stake should not value the business at any more than £200m at present.
Into's chairman is Andrew Colin, who previously ran Study Group International, a specialist in English language training for foreign students. He sold it to Daily Mail & General Trust for more than £40m in 1999.
Into works with universities to improve accommodation and services for international students, to help increase the intake from lucrative overseas markets.
In pictures: Saturn images from Cassini probe as it prepares to turn lens towards Earth
New banker bonus boom: Payouts leapt 64% to new record when Chancellor George Osborne cut top-rate tax to 45p in April
'There's something quite unpleasant going on': Nigel Farage confronted for second time on visit to Scotland ahead of Donside by-election
Poor children are being let down by schools, warns Ofsted
World news in pictures
- 1 ‘Hello, NME? I’d like to complain about your Tom Odell review. Why? I’m his dad’
- 2 Richard Nieuwenhuizen death: Six teenagers and 50-year-old father convicted of manslaughter in shocking case of referee killed over a game of football
- 3 Exclusive: Newcastle United's star talent-spotter Graham Carr on brink as Joe Kinnear sparks walkout at St James' Park
- 4 Vast methane 'plumes' seen in Arctic ocean as sea ice retreats
- 5 From charmer to bully: My encounter with Charles Saatchi
iJobs Money & Business
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: We have a very exciting opportunity with a maj...
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£600 - £750 per day: Orgtel: FATCA Project Manager - Banking - London - £600-...