Investment: St James's Place hits a record
Thursday 24 January 2013
The upmarket wealth manager St James's Place has said investors were getting to grips with the "new normal" of economic turmoil, low interest rates and high taxes as it posted record fourth-quarter figures.
It said investors no longer feared Europe's debt crisis and were willing to part with their money again following an uncertain few years.
"If you look at the first half of 2012, it was categorised by fear," said chief executive David Bellamy. However, he added: "I'm not sure whether it was down to the Jubilee or the Olympics but things became a lot more positive in the second half."
FTSE 250 group St James's Place, which sells products to people with at least £100,000 to invest, saw new business sales rise 46 per cent to £223.8m. Its funds under management stand at £34.8bn.
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 What color is The Dress, white and gold or blue and black? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Fearne Cotton quits Radio 1 after ten years for 'family and new adventures'
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + pro rata: SThree: SThree Group have been well esta...
£30000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Established in 1999, a highly r...
£250-£300 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Are you a qualified accountant with strong exp...
£230 - £260 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Do you want to stamp your footprint in histo...