Investor calls for removal of Plus chairman
Tuesday 25 October 2011
A major Middle Eastern investor in Plus Markets is seeking to oust the exchange's chairman and bring its former chief executive back to the board.
At the request of Amara Dhari Investments, Plus will call a general meeting to vote on the removal of Giles Vardey, the chairman.
Amara bought 17 per cent of Plus in 2009 but is unhappy about the company's direction. Plus has struggled as the number of companies on its main exchange has tumbled.
Amara wants to return Simon Brickles to the board. He ran Plus from 2004 and stepped down last year.
The investment vehicle voted against Mr Vardey's re-election to the board at Plus's annual meeting in June.
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
iJobs Money & Business
£15000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company offers a range of ...
£15000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Customer Service Advisors are r...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: SThree were established in 1986....
£40000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Compliance Manager is require...