Italy out to attract luxury listings to Milan
Sunday 13 October 2013
The Italian stock exchange is looking to lure luxury goods companies to list in Milan with a two-day event in association with Vogue Italia.
Borsa Italiana, which became part of London Stock Exchange Group (LSE) in 2007, will host the event which kicks off tomorrow with luxury giants Prada and Tod's in attendance.
Luca Peyrano, head of primary markets in Europe for LSE, said: "In recent years we have seen the high-profile IPOs (initial public offerings) of companies such as Cucinelli and Ferragamo, attracted to Milan by the strong ecosystem of advisers and investors.
"This event will help to reinforce and further strengthen the relationship between the financial and luxury sectors in Italy."
On Tuesday attention will turn to British luxury goods group Burberry, which will report its first-half figures, with analysts forecasting sales of more than £1bn.
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations
iJobs Money & Business
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Business Analyst Consultant (Fina...
£60000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading provider in investment managemen...
£600 - £700 per day: Harrington Starr: AVS, JVS Openlink Endur Developer JVS, ...
£30000 per annum: Harrington Starr: A global leader in trading platforms and e...