JJB ex-chief’s court plea fails
Tuesday 01 October 2013
Chris Ronnie, the former boss of the collapsed sports chain JJB, has failed to have his court case for an alleged £1m fraud thrown out.
The Serious Fraud Office had been accused by Ronnie’s legal team of jeopardising up to 15 fraud trials – including his own – by delegating the decision to investigate each case to someone who was not a qualified lawyer. But Judge Nicholas Loraine-Smith threw out the claim at Southwark Crown Court, saying the SFO director at the time, Richard Alderman, could lawfully delegate the decisions.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
North Korea: First Kim Jong-un orders execution of uncle - now it emerges that victim's wife was involved in decision to execute him
Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Risk Managemen...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: This is a new role offering the successful can...
£250 - £300 per day: Harrington Starr: Help drive the design, utilization and ...
£32000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Desktop Support (client facing, 1st/2nd Li...