Joblessness fall sparks 11-year high for Nasdaq
Sunday 05 February 2012
The Nasdaq stock index surged to its highest level in 11 years, after data showed US unemployment fell significantly in January.
The Department of Labor revealed that unemployment was 8.3 per cent, down 0.2 per cent on December, its lowest rate in three years. The report showed 243,000 jobs were created last month, giving President Barack Obama a huge boost in what is an election year. But, Mr Obama admitted there were “still too many Americans who need a job”.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
N Korea confirms removal of Kim Jong-un’s 'depraved' uncle Jang Song Thaek
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...
£25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: PHP Symfony2 Framewor...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A leading pr...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Market Data An...