Kazakhs offer BG $1.1bn deal
Thursday 06 October 2011
Kazakhstan said yesterday it would be willing to pay up to $1.1bn (£713m) for a 10th of Karachaganak, a local joint venture led by Britain's BG Group and Eni of Italy.
The government in Astana has been embroiled in an ownership debate about Karachaganak, the only major oil development in which the state does not hold a stake. This has included a dispute about taxes and accusations of environmental violations.
Hopes of a resolution grew yesterday after the Samruk-Kazyna sovereign wealth fund said it was prepared to pay up to $1.1bn for a stake as part of what the oil and gas minister, Sauat Mynbayev, described as "a package deal".
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
iJobs Money & Business
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Tax Assistant is required to join a leading ...
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£45000 - £47000 per annum + bonus + benefits: Ashdown Group: Java Developer / ...
£35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager - Marke...