Kraft poised to go hostile in its bid for Cadbury
Monday 09 November 2009
Kraft is tipped to make a hostile bid for Cadbury today, to which the UK confectioner is expected to issue another brusque rebuff.
The US food giant first approached Cadbury in September with a cash and share offer worth £10.2bn. But the UK's best-known sweet company responded with an unequivocal "No".
In the run-up to this afternoon's 5pm put up or shut up deadline from the Takeover Panel, Kraft has been weighing up whether to go hostile and how much to put on the table.
One option is to re-state the original 720p offer, but Kraft's sliding share price has dragged down the value, and City analysts estimate that anything less than 850p will receive short shrift.
Cadbury came out fighting again last week in the wake of Kraft's disappointing third-quarter results, claiming that the US company has gone from being a "low-growth conglomerate" to a "no-growth conglomerate".
- 1 Norwich paedophile ring: Woman at centre of gang who made children 'sexual play things' guilty of 23 offences
- 2 Topshop pulls 'ridiculously skinny' mannequins after being shamed by customer on Facebook
- 3 Ralkina Jones: 37-year-old black woman found dead in police custody
- 4 Black and ethnic minority people twice as likely to be hit by Tory cuts than white people, report finds
- 5 Walter Palmer: American dentist revealed as killer of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
Labour leadership contest: I would never quit the party, says Liz Kendall
iJobs Money & Business
£22500 - £24500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Inbound and outbound calls with...
£18000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing Insurance Bro...
£40 - 45k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Research Associate / Research Anal...
£20000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Summary: The Green Recruitm...