Land Securities' lettings soaring
Thursday 19 July 2012
Deals may be taking longer to get done, but the UK's biggest landlord Land Securities has had its best quarter for five years, its chief executive Rob Noel said yesterday.
The company has signed up an array of tenants from Jimmy Choo to broker Panmure Gordon across its London portfolio, while the insurer Markel is the first to sign on the dotted line for its Walkie-Talkie skyscraper.
Land Securities has made lettings worth £9.3m since the beginning of April. Mr Noel said: "I would say this is our best quarter since we were letting Cardinal Place [its office and retail scheme in Victoria] in 2007."
Tenants are taking longer to sign up but the level of interest in London is still high. Rents struck are "ahead of plan" and Mr Noel expects to let the top of the Walkie-Talkie for close to £70 a square foot.
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Vote Ukip, says far-right group Britain First
iJobs Money & Business
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A position has arisen within th...
£50000 - £63000 per annum + excellent benefits : Ashdown Group: IT Manager / D...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Applicants must hold a valid SIA Door Su...
£50000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Business Analyst - Financial Services - The C...