Lovefilm signs to PlayStation3
Thursday 14 October 2010
Movie rental group Lovefilm has secured a "game changing" deal to stream movies through Sony's PlayStation3, expanding its reach to three million more homes.
The group has already signed a deal with Sony, as well as Samsung, to bring the service to its internet connected TVs and some Blu-ray players. This is the most significant deal yet, according to chief executive Simon Calver.
He would not say whether the group was in talks with Nintendo and Microsoft to provide a similar service via their top-selling consoles the Wii and the Xbox.
Netflix, Lovefilm's equivalent in the US, has already signed deals with all three console groups. Mr Calver said its success was promising for Lovefilm.
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
iJobs Money & Business
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Age Concern Slough a...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Crossroads Care is s...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000: SThree: We consistently strive to be ...
£50000 - £90000 per annum + benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Markit EDM (CA...