L&S eyes a swoop for £200m Metric
Wednesday 07 November 2012
London & Stamford has agreed to take over Metric Property Investments, in a merger that analysts say could herald a wave of similar deals among smaller property firms.
Shareholders in London & Stamford, which develops offices and luxury homes in London and warehouses across Britain, will own 75 per cent of the enlarged company if the offer of 0.94 shares for every Metric share goes ahead.
London & Stamford has until 4 December to table an offer for Metric, which owns supermarkets and retail parks in Britain and is valued at about £200m by the deal.
Shares in Metric rose 9p to 102p while L&S fell 3p to 114p.
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
iJobs Money & Business
£65000 - £85000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£400 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires a Senior Bus...
£250 - £350 per day: Orgtel: Financial Crime Analyst,Midlands, Banking, AML/Sa...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...