LSE 'not bidding' for LCH.Clearnet
Monday 30 May 2011
The London Stock Exchange has said it is not in talks to buy European clearing house LCH.Clearnet, after reports emerged linking it with a bid.
The stock market's parent company released a statement yesterday saying it had noted the recent speculation linking it with the clearing house.
It added: "The London Stock Exchange Group confirms that it is not engaged in any discussions with LCH regarding a possible transaction."
Reports emerged following LCH's confirmation that it had received several approaches over a potential takeover.
Other companies that are linked with a possible move include NYSE Euronext, which owns the New York Stock Exchange, and Nasdaq OMX.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Chemical and radiation experts investigate after death of man found inside tent in field
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: Technical Ap...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Excellent, opportunities exist for high calibr...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Key purpose of the role will be to act as Fixe...
£42000 - £46500 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Big 4 Opportunity...