Markel signs up as first Walkie-Talkie tenant
Tuesday 19 June 2012
The Walkie-Talkie skyscraper in London has its first major tenant after Markel signed up yesterday.
The insurance firm is paying £65 per square foot for two floors of the 38-storey building, which should be completed by its developers Land Securities and Canary Wharf in 2014.
Drivers Jonas Deloitte's lettings partner Mark Lethbridge said: "This level of rent reflects the fact that it's a top-quality building in the heart of the insurance sector, which is one of the most buoyant in an otherwise subdued City office market."
Other insurers including Kiln have also been linked with the Walkie-Talkie.
The insurance sector has been behind much of the recent major letting activity in the London market, with Aon signing up to take a third of British Land's Cheesegrater building.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
Deadly ice storm pushes up US east coast as temperatures drop to -29C
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: Technical Ap...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Excellent, opportunities exist for high calibr...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Key purpose of the role will be to act as Fixe...
£42000 - £46500 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Big 4 Opportunity...