McLaren's profits driven lower
Saturday 08 October 2011
After-tax profits at McLaren Formula One team fell £34.4m to £15.8m last year, driven lower by a loss of investment from the former major shareholder, Mercedes.
The accounts for the year ending 31 December 2010 show turnover of £148.7m, down £26.1m on the previous year as investment from Mercedes fell from £34.8m to £2.6m.
Mercedes said at the end of 2009 that it would sell its 40 per cent stake in McLaren back to other shareholders – Bahrain's Mumtalakat sovereign wealth fund, Saudi tycoon Mansour Ojjeh and group chairman Ron Dennis – in order to buy that year's championship winning team, Brawn. The team was renamed Mercedes, but it has been outperformed by McLaren and not won a race this season.
Mercedes' direct spending on McLaren is believed to have been largely the purchase of branding on the team's cars. The team's budget is now covered almost entirely by prize money and sponsorship.
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Bill Cosby: Isn’t it obvious why his accusers have stayed silent up until now?
- 4 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 5 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
iJobs Money & Business
£Attractive: Citifocus Ltd: High calibre individual with significant product d...
£Negotiable: Citifocus Ltd: Leading global bank seeks experienced credit analy...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus Ltd: High calibre individual with a high degree...
£Attractive: Citifocus Ltd: High calibre individual with superior academics an...