Media/Gaydating website seeks investors
The owner of Gaydar, the gay dating website and radio station, is appealing for external investors and could consider a full sale of the business.
QSoft Consulting, the parent company, said "significant cash investment is being sought to help drive the company's global growth ambitions".
Gaydar claims to have six million registered online users across 140 countries and 750,000 listeners for its UK radio station. It has also made a big push into mobile with mobile phone apps for iPhone and Android.
QSoft has appointed Ashcombe Advisers to assess potential investors after receiving approaches. Simon Bullivant, senior partner at Ashcombe, said: "The company recognises that further investment and management expertise is required to fulfil the true commercial potential."
Latest accounts for QSoft show it swung to a pre-tax loss of £38,000 in 2010 from a profit of £930,000 a year earlier. Revenues were just under £7m.
Gaydar was founded in 1999 by Henry Badenhorst and Gary Frisch. Frisch died when he plunged from a balcony in 2007 and left most of his estate, worth more than £6.5m, to Mr Badenhorst.
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£850 - £1000 per day: Orgtel: Programme Change Manager - Banking - London - £8...
£180 - £230 per day: Orgtel: Operations Analyst - Leading Bank in the City of ...
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Busi...
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...