Medicine and condoms give Reckitt a lift
Demand for bathroom-cabinet and bedside-drawer staples from Strepsils to Nurofen and Durex is soaring, Reckitt Benckiser reported yesterday.
That helped send the consumer goods giant's revenues up 7 per cent to £2.5bn for the first three months of the year.
Rakesh Kapoor, Reckitt's chief executive, who pocketed £6.3m in pay and share bonuses last year, said an extra-vicious flu season had helped revenues grow. "Mucinex and Strepsils have done particularly well, benefiting from a higher incidence of flu in the US and cold, flu and sinus innovations," Mr Kapoor, pictured, added.
Nurofen and Durex also had "a strong performance," Mr Kapoor said. Reckitt said its condom brand's surging popularity was linked to major growth in China and the "roll-out" of its Real Feel condoms, designed to give "a natural skin-on-skin feeling". Elsewhere, Dettol sales are growing "very strongly" in emerging markets, the consumer goods group added.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...