Meggitt and Chemring firms make top 10 industry list
Two British firms have been named in a list of the top 10 fastest growing aerospace and defence companies in the world.
Meggitt, based at Bournemouth Airport in Dorset, and Chemring, with headquarters in Fareham, Hampshire, were seventh and ninth respectively in PricewaterhouseCoopers' (PwC) rankings.
Rolls-Royce is the highest placed UK firm in the list of the most successful businesses in the industry, while Boeing retained the number one spot.
Aircraft engine manufacturers have seen a 6.6% growth in year-on-year revenue, with Rolls-Royce enjoying a 9.8% increase.
Neil Hampson, of PwC, said: "The industry is undergoing one of the most rapidly evolving periods in its history. Factors such as technology, innovation, globalisation and programme management will undoubtedly be key markers for a company's success.
"But we are also in the midst of one of the most challenging economic climates. This is inevitably placing pressure on businesses, especially those in the defence sector where once secure government programmes are now under intense scrutiny.
"In such a global industry, consolidation will continue as companies will need to change and adapt to this environment and build new relationships. In some cases restructuring will be inevitable."
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
iJobs Money & Business
£65000 - £85000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£400 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires a Senior Bus...
£250 - £350 per day: Orgtel: Financial Crime Analyst,Midlands, Banking, AML/Sa...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...