Meggitt shares hit turbulence after hold-ups in production
Shares in Meggitt went into a tailspin yesterday, dropping 11 per cent after the aerospace engineer admitted production problems would hit revenues this year.
Meggitt, which supplies wheels and other aviation parts to plane-makers Airbus and Boeing, now expects revenues this year to be up by "low single digits", down from an August prediction of "mid single digits".
City analysts had expected the FTSE 100-listed engineer to report sales of £1.69bn this year, but the company said trading since July "had been slightly below expectations".
It is mostly due to production difficulties at the group's sensing systems division, which makes devices that measure conditions in extreme environments.
The shares fell 63.5p to 509p.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: People urged to remain vigilant as high tides and strong winds continue through the night
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...