MGM seeks cash boost from sale
Saturday 14 July 2012
One of the oldest names in British life insurance has been put up for sale with a potential price tag of £200m.
MGM Advantage is a mutual insurer that dates back to 1852.
The investment bank Evercore has been appointed to seek buyers, with management including chief executive Chris Evans said to be hoping that a private equity firm will be willing to inject cash into the business to bolster its financial strength.
MGM has assets of £1.9m, which it looks after on behalf of 17,000 members.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Autumn Statement 2013: Work until you’re 70 - George Osborne accused of ‘living in fantasy land’ over pension reforms
Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
Paul Walker autopsy: Results reveal Fast and Furious star's cause of death
Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
UK weather: One dead and 100,000 homes without power as 100mph storm batters Scotland – now biggest tidal surge in 60 years threatens east coast
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 How black gold was hijacked: North sea oil and the betrayal of Scotland
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Associate Dire...
£Negotiable: Citifocus: High calibre individual with a strong understanding o...
£50000 per annum: Morgan Hunt: Whilst the Real Estate sector was suffering thi...
£Negotiable: Citifocus: The role will suit a fund product specialist, current...