MGM seeks cash boost from sale
Saturday 14 July 2012
One of the oldest names in British life insurance has been put up for sale with a potential price tag of £200m.
MGM Advantage is a mutual insurer that dates back to 1852.
The investment bank Evercore has been appointed to seek buyers, with management including chief executive Chris Evans said to be hoping that a private equity firm will be willing to inject cash into the business to bolster its financial strength.
MGM has assets of £1.9m, which it looks after on behalf of 17,000 members.
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
Mohammed Emwazi: Family of man named as 'Jihadi John' described by neighbours as 'normal Muslim family'
Mohammed Emwazi: Nine things we know about Isis militant 'Jihadi John'
Mohammed Emwazi: Man identified as Isis killer 'Jihadi John' 'stopped by MI5' while on safari holiday in Africa in 2010
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
iJobs Money & Business
£53000 - £58000 per annum + excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Software Develo...
£13 - £15 Hourly Rate: George Parlour: Do you want to give something back? Th...
£13 - £14 Hourly Rate: George Parlour: Are you looking to climb the finance la...
£12 - £15 Hourly Rate: Jemma Gent: Are you an experienced Accounting professio...