Moonpig founder takes share in outfitters Smart Turnout
An online gentleman's outfitter that began life as a regimental clothing supplier has attracted funding from giftcard group Moonpig.com's founder Nick Jenkins.
Mr Jenkins, who sold Moonpig last year for £120m, is thought to have a 50 per cent stake in Smart Turnout.
Philip Turner, the owner of Smart Turnout and a former Scots Guards captain, plans to expand the brand which sells everything from cricket jumpers to blazers and cummerbunds to pyjamas – most of it UK-made. It opened a pop up shop in Selfridges this month.
Annual sales are around £1m and with the Jenkins investment, Mr Turner hopes to boost sales in the Far East and the US.
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
iJobs Money & Business
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£32000 - £36000 per annum + generous benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: * TAX * ...
£37000 - £40000 per annum + £20000 benefits package: Pro-Recruitment Group: **...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + generous benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Mixed Ta...