More checks for A380 engines
Friday 12 November 2010
Europe's air safety authority has ordered airlines to conduct more tests on the type of Rolls-Royce engine that failed in an Airbus A380.
The European Aviation Safety Authority said in a new "emergency airworthiness directive" posted on its website that airlines using the Trent 900 engines should conduct "repetitive inspections" on the engines. If any "abnormal" oil leaks are found, the airlines are banned from using the engines.
It follows the midair disintegration of a Trent 900 engine on a Qantas A380 superjumbo as it took off from Singapore last week. The plane made and emergency landing.
Airworthiness directives advising airlines of potential problems are relatively common. The latest directive was the third this year on the Rolls-Royce Trent 900 engines.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Life on Earth may have developed below rather than above ground, reveal scientists
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£2000 - £25500 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We are seeking an ...
£55000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Java De...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: PHP Developer (Web Developer, MyS...
£55000 - £75000 per annum + 28 Days Holiday: Harrington Starr: Flex Developer ...