Morrisons threatens to report Tesco over its price-comparison claims
Morrisons is the latest big grocer to threaten to report Tesco to the advertising watchdog over its price-comparison claims and coupons.
Tesco launched its Price Promise, comparing own-label and branded products with those of its rivals last month. Sainsbury’s boss Justin King has already criticised it as “unfair”.
Morrisons today became the latest supermarket to stick the boot in, saying it was “considering” taking a complaint about Tesco’s promise to the Advertising Standards Authority.
The supermarket said Tesco is unable to make a comparison in many cases and lists Morrisons’ prices as “not available”. It said this may be because Tesco can only check Morrisons prices manually through mystery shopping exercises, as the grocer does not yet sell food online.
Crawford Davidson, Morrisons’ customer director, said: “Tesco’s Price Promise provides a false assurance that it will compensate customers when Morrisons is cheaper, which it mostly is.”
Tesco said: “The basis of our comparisons is made clear on the Price Promise website.”
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...