Mothercare eyes deal for Blooming Marvellous brand
The high street shain Mothercare is understood to be closing in on acquiring the brand of Blooming Marvellous, the maternitywear retailer, and possibly a few of the remaining Blooming Marvellous shops.
Matalan, the value fashion retailer, had examined a possible deal for ailing Blooming Marvellous but decided against it.
The company collapsed in January last year but was bought out of administration a month later by a group of investors including Elaine McPherson, the owner of the Ethel Austin fashion stores.
Blooming Marvellous had hit trouble after its Icelandic investor Arev walked away from its investment in the group, which has 14 branches.
Mothercare and Matalan declined to comment. Blooming Marvellous did not return calls.
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£600 - £700 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Senior Investment Accounting Change...
£450 - £650 per day + competitive: Orgtel: My client, a leading bank, is curre...
£350 - £400 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Senior Analyst, ALM Data, Halifax, ...
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: Java developer - Banking - London - Up to £600/d...