Nando's is back in the black with a £14.7m profit
Nando's, the restaurant chain famed for its flame-grilled peri-peri chicken, has returned to the black after cash-strapped consumers flocked to its outlets.
The UK arm said it benefited from "sales growth, lower cost inflation, better efficiencies and interest rates" last year, although Nando's dividend remained unchanged at £10m.
An improvement in gross margins helped Nando's Group Holdings post pre-tax profits of £14.7m over the year to 26 February, following a loss of £7.1m during the previous 12 months. The UK operation grew turnover 26 per cent to £419.6m,
In 2010, Nando's picked up 53 restaurants when it acquired Clapham House, the owner of the Gourmet Burger Kitchen and the Real Greek restaurants, for £30.4m. The enlarged group reduced its net debt by £15m to £378.6m, according to its latest accounts.
- 1 This is what happens when you tattoo Charmander on yourself, drunk, and with no experience
- 2 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer has leaked – watch
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45,000: SThree: SThree Group have been well e...
£50000 - £667000 per annum + excellent benefits : Ashdown Group: IT Manager / ...
£13000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Scotland's leading life insuran...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Training Programme Manag...