Nasdaq chiefs pay for Facebook fiasco
The chief executive of the Nasdaq stock exchange has seen his annual bonus slashed by nearly two-thirds following its calamitous handling of the flotation of the social network Facebook last year.
Robert Greifeld’s payout has been slashed by $542,100 (£353,000) to $1.35m. Anna Ewing, Nasdaq’s vice-president of global technology solutions, also saw her bonus cut, by $263,625.
Facebook’s initial public offering (IPO) on 18 May was eagerly anticipated, but a technical glitch delayed it by 30 minutes. Nasdaq then switched to using a secondary system, but this led to delays for many clients’ orders and confirmations. As a result, many investors suffered big losses as Facebook’s share price sank after an initial rise.
Nasdaq said: “The committee and board explicitly considered the Facebook IPO in connection with their review and determination of these reduced payouts.”
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
The ten coldest places on Earth
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Krokodil in Mexico? Teenager hospitalised after 'injecting drug into her genitals'
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£60000 - £80000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Product Specia...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£23500 per annum: Harrington Starr: Graduate Software Support Analyst (Compute...
£25000 per annum: Harrington Starr: IT Infrastructure Engineer (Desktop, Linux...