New Apple boss tunes into £235m
Monday 29 August 2011
The new chief executive of Apple has received an eye-popping share award of $384m (£235m) as he prepares to take over from Steve Jobs, who quit last week.
Tim Cook has been given one million shares in the computer giant. Half of these will vest in 2016 and the remainder in 2021, as long as he remains employed at Apple.
Apple's share price closed last week at $383.58 – but the payout for Mr Cook, who joined in 1998, could ultimately be worth much more than £235m if Apple's stock continues to rise.
Since Mr Jobs returned to Apple in 1997 its shares have risen by 9,000 per cent on the success of its iPod, iPhone and iPad devices.
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
- 1 The future of sex: The first female condoms were derided, mistrusted and shunned - but will their modern counterparts catch on?
- 2 South African rhino finally put down after roaming Kruger park for days with horn hacked off and bullet in brain
- 3 Italian pensioner hires an escort who turns out to be his son's girlfriend
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role to marry Natasha Richardson
iJobs Money & Business
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£32000 - £36000 per annum + generous benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: * TAX * ...
£37000 - £40000 per annum + £20000 benefits package: Pro-Recruitment Group: **...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + generous benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Mixed Ta...