New locos on track to speed up Eurotunnel cargoes
A major breakthrough that will enable British exporters to more easily dispatch cargo to travel by rail throughout Europe could be just weeks away after Eurotunnel ran successful trials of a new train through the Channel Tunnel.
Until now, only Class 92 locos have been allowed through the tunnel, so firms wanting to haul freight by rail to or from Europe spend an hour or more either side of the journey changing train.
But Eurotunnel has successfully completed tests with the new Siemens Vectron loco to show it can haul traffic directly to and from the Continent and the UK.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela dead: South Africa's first black president and anti-apartheid icon dies at 95
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: Thousands evacuated along East Coast as more surge tides forecast
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...