New production stage for BG in Egypt
Thursday 05 July 2012
BG Egypt, the country's largest natural gas producer, started gas production from Phase 8b of its West Delta Deep Marine concession at the end of last month, the subsidiary of the oil and gas explorer BG Group said yesterday.
The deepwater development, about 90km from the Nile Delta in the Mediterranean, is managed by the Burullus Gas Company, which is 50 per cent owned by the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation, while BG holds a 25 per cent stake and Malaysia's Petronas the rest.
BG Egypt accounts for more than a third of the North African country's gas output.
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
iJobs Money & Business
£850 - £1000 per day: Orgtel: Programme Change Manager - Banking - London - £8...
£180 - £230 per day: Orgtel: Operations Analyst - Leading Bank in the City of ...
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Busi...
£425 - £550 per day: Orgtel: Senior Finance Project Manager - £550 - Bristol -...