New production stage for BG in Egypt
Thursday 05 July 2012
BG Egypt, the country's largest natural gas producer, started gas production from Phase 8b of its West Delta Deep Marine concession at the end of last month, the subsidiary of the oil and gas explorer BG Group said yesterday.
The deepwater development, about 90km from the Nile Delta in the Mediterranean, is managed by the Burullus Gas Company, which is 50 per cent owned by the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation, while BG holds a 25 per cent stake and Malaysia's Petronas the rest.
BG Egypt accounts for more than a third of the North African country's gas output.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Rapper Ja Rule forced to deny leaving his wife for prison cell mate
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
iJobs Money & Business
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£70000 - £85000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: An award win...