New production stage for BG in Egypt
Thursday 05 July 2012
BG Egypt, the country's largest natural gas producer, started gas production from Phase 8b of its West Delta Deep Marine concession at the end of last month, the subsidiary of the oil and gas explorer BG Group said yesterday.
The deepwater development, about 90km from the Nile Delta in the Mediterranean, is managed by the Burullus Gas Company, which is 50 per cent owned by the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation, while BG holds a 25 per cent stake and Malaysia's Petronas the rest.
BG Egypt accounts for more than a third of the North African country's gas output.
- 1 What, let gays get married? We must be bonkers
- 2 Rocky Horror star Tim Curry 'suffers major stroke'
- 3 Exclusive: How MI5 blackmails British Muslims
- 4 EDL marches on Newcastle as attacks on Muslims increase tenfold in the wake of Woolwich machete attack which killed Drummer Lee Rigby
- 5 Farewell, Shameless. Your heirs have work to do
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.