Next, Debenhams and Kingfisher all due to announce a profitable year
Sunday 13 September 2009
The high street is the focus of this week's reports.
Next, the fashion-to-homeware retailer, will announce pre-tax profits of around £180m, up 5 per cent on last year. Debenhams, which will publish an update on Tuesday showing a 5 per cent fall in sales, is still expected to announce a full year pre-tax profit of £121m. And B&Q's parent, Kingfisher, will publish interim results on Thursday which will show a strong rebound with profits of roughly £350m.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Nelson Mandela dead: South Africa's first black president and anti-apartheid icon dies at 95
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: Thousands evacuated along East Coast of England as more surge tides forecast
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...
£400 - £550 per day: Cornwallis Elt : BUSINESS ANALYST- OPERATIONS- PRIVATE B...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Market Data SM...