Nexus to deal with Nasa hackers
Nasa has turned to Nexus Management, a London-listed technology group, to defend its against internet attacks. The deal, which Nexus is expected to announce t as early as tomorrow, will see a subsidiary, Resilience Technology provide firewalls to the US space agency as it takes on hackers and computer viruses.
The deal is one of several contracts that Resilience will detail this week. Market sources said that the other contracts will be with a major American telecoms company and a bank based in the Caribbean.
The deals justify Nexus's acquisition of Resilience for $1.8m (£1.3m) in March. The Nexus board, led by its chief executive, Roger Richardson, said at the time that it hoped Resilience would boost its 2010 earnings.
Shares in Nexus, which has offices in the UK and Maine, are listed on the junior Alternative Investment Market. They closed at 0.38p on Friday, down from 0.40p at the start of trading and a 52-week high of 1.44p. The group's market capitalisation is nearly £4.2m.
Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, George Osborne told
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 4 Viral video straps colt .45 handgun to a home-use drone
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
iJobs Money & Business
£65000 - £85000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£400 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires a Senior Bus...
£250 - £350 per day: Orgtel: Financial Crime Analyst,Midlands, Banking, AML/Sa...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...