Norilsk aims to settle boardroom war with new set-up
Monday 17 December 2012
Norilsk Nickel named its long-time co-owner Vladimir Potanin as its chief executive yesterday under a Kremlin-inspired deal to end a boardroom war at the world's top nickel and palladium producer.
His fellow Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich will take control of a 20 per cent voting stake and act as a buffer between Mr Potanin and rival Oleg Deripaska, who owns a share in Norilsk through Rusal, the world's largest aluminium producer.
Mr Potanin, pictured, said he planned to stay in the job for between 18 months and two years. The peace deal will last for 10 years, with the core shareholders agreeing to keep their stakes for five. Mr Abramovich, the billionaire owner of Chelsea football club, could act as a conduit for the Kremlin at the cash-rich company that mines the vast mineral deposits of Russia's far north.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
N Korea confirms removal of Kim Jong-un’s 'depraved' uncle Jang Song Thaek
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A leading pr...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Market Data An...
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Product Specia...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading, Cit...