Not so sweet: Candy brothers ready for scaled-back Cannes
Property entrepreneurs the Candy brothers will once again be taking their lavish yacht Candyscape to the Mipim real estate conference in Cannes this week.
However, Candyscape will not be playing host to a huge party, as it did last year. The brothers, like most of the commercial property market, are being more modest as a result of the downturn. Mipim is renowned for its debauchery, though attendance is expected to be down by about 9,000 to 20,000 this year. Nick Candy, who will host a private lunch in a Monaco restaurant, said: "There will be a very different atmosphere this year. The people who do attend will only be serious players."
In previous years, delegates have been treated to dinners in apartments owned by the likes of actor Mel Gibson, while some yachts have been too big for the harbour. There will still be some star names at the event, including Russia's Deputy Prime Minister, Igor Sechin.
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - An excellent new instruction w...
£500 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Server Developer SQL, PHP, C#, Real Time,...
£600 per day: Harrington Starr: C#.NET Developer C#, Win Forms, WPF, WCF, MVVM...