Office block sold at 74% mark-up
Wednesday 23 June 2010
Hammerson will make a 74 per cent return by selling an office block in London's Docklands for £134m in a portfolio reshuffle aimed at unlocking capital for new buys.
The property company has sold the 16-storey Exchange Tower, near Canary Wharf, to MGPA Europe Fund III for £3m more than its valuation at 31 December.
Hammerson is benefitting from a resurgence in investor interest in office space in the capital as prices and rents rally amid demand from would-be occupiers rises.
Hammerson acquired the 45,000 sq m tower in 1999 for about £77m and generated rents of £10.7m at the end of last year. Reuters
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
iJobs Money & Business
£20 - 24k (Uncapped Commission - £35k Year 1 OTE): Guru Careers: We are seekin...
£20 - 24k + Benefits: Guru Careers: This is a great opportunity for an enthusi...
£280 - £320 per day: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a l...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT ROLE**...