Oil prices heading for $200 per barrel, Jim Rogers warns
Friday 21 January 2011
Oil prices could more than double from present levels to higher than $200 per barrel, Jim Rogers, the US investor who co-founded the Quantum Fund with George Soros, warned yesterday.
Mr Rogers, who at the beginning of 2009 urged investors to sell sterling, said crude prices were set to rise because the world was running out of known reserves of oil. "Maybe there is a lot of oil in the world, but if there is, we don't know where it is or how to get to it," he said, He suggested that prices would pass $150 per barrel and probably $200 per barrel.
His predictions come against the backdrop of a recent rally in world oil prices. Though the benchmark Brent crude price fell below $97 per barrel last night as traders sought to bank profits amid worries over China, they remain within striking distance of $100 per barrel.
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
iJobs Money & Business
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Age Concern Slough a...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Crossroads Care is s...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000: SThree: We consistently strive to be ...
£50000 - £90000 per annum + benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Markit EDM (CA...