Olivant raises stakes and calls for UBS reform
Thursday 19 June 2008
Olivant has raised its stake in UBS and backed the Swiss bank's rights issue but it continued to apply pressure for a strategy overhaul.
Olivant, headed by Luqman Arnold, the former chief executive of UBS, said by its $1.8bn (£918m) stake underlined its "belief in the potential restoration of shareholder value achievable through decisive action on the part of the UBS board". The company upped its stake to 2.5 per cent from 1.1 per cent over two months.
Mr Arnold has called on UBS to reform governance and split itself up after the Swiss banking giant suffered massive losses on risky investments.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
North Korea: First Kim Jong-un orders execution of uncle - now it emerges that victim's wife was involved in decision to execute him
Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Risk Managemen...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: This is a new role offering the successful can...
£250 - £300 per day: Harrington Starr: Help drive the design, utilization and ...
£32000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Desktop Support (client facing, 1st/2nd Li...