Owner of Spain's Riotinto copper mine plans move to the LSE's main board
Sunday 25 July 2010
Emed Mining, the owner of the 5,000-year-old Riotinto copper mine in south-west Spain, is considering a move to the main board of the London Stock Exchange.
The group is currently listed on the Alternative Investment Market, the junior exchange, and is in the middle of a dual flotation on the Toronto board. However, it is looking at a London promotion as it gets closer to permission to start production at Rio Tinto, which could be worth $200m a year in revenue from the end of 2011.
Emed's finance director, John Leach, said: "Moving to the main board is on the agenda and we will evaluate later in the year. It's not a bad idea. I think it's a natural for us."
The Toronto listing has been designed to get company shares into the hands of more retail investors. About 80 per cent of the company is owned by just two-dozen shareholders.
Emed will put its final technical plan for the development of the mine to Spanish officials this week.
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
iJobs Money & Business
£20 - 24k (Uncapped Commission - £35k Year 1 OTE): Guru Careers: We are seekin...
£20 - 24k + Benefits: Guru Careers: This is a great opportunity for an enthusi...
£280 - £320 per day: Ashdown Group: The Ashdown Group have been engaged by a l...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: **URGENT CONTRACT ROLE**...