Pace confirms Home talks
Tuesday 11 December 2012
Shares in the TV set-top box maker Pace were suspended yesterday as it confirmed it is in talks to buy Google's Motorola Home business, which could lead to a reverse takeover.
Pace, which has a stock market value of almost £600m, has submitted a bid, but there is thought to be at least one other rival, United States-based Arris Group.
Motorola Home, which designs, manufactures and instals set-top boxes, could be worth up to £1bn. Under City rules, Pace would end up "reversing" into the business because of their relative sizes.
Google bought Motorola for $12.5bn (£7.8bn) last year.
Pace shares fell 3.4 per cent to 185.3p, before their suspension.
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + pro rata: SThree: SThree Group have been well esta...
£30000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Established in 1999, a highly r...
£250-£300 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Are you a qualified accountant with strong exp...
£230 - £260 Day Rate: Jemma Gent: Do you want to stamp your footprint in histo...