Peppa Pig boosts film and TV firm
Wednesday 26 May 2010
The film distributor and TV production group Entertainment One moved into the black last year with full-year profits of £6.9m for the 12 months to 31 March, compared with a £31m loss a year ago.
The group saw its revenues rise 30 per cent to £444m, helped by the children's cartoon character Peppa Pig, which generated £100m sales through its merchandising and licensing agreements.
The release of the second Twilight vampire movie, New Moon, which rated as one of the top grossing films in 2009, also boosted Entertainment's One's film division.
Entertainment One said its move from the Alternative Investment Market to the main market of the London Stock Exchange was expected to complete in July. Its shares rose 1p to 62p yesterday.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
Deadly ice storm pushes up US east coast as temperatures drop to -29C
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: Technical Ap...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Excellent, opportunities exist for high calibr...
£Attractive Package: Citifocus: Key purpose of the role will be to act as Fixe...
£42000 - £46500 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Big 4 Opportunity...