Permira puts a €2.8bn price tag on Iglo
Permira, the owner of the frozen foods giant Iglo, is looking for a price of €2.8bn (£2.2bn) from bidders for the business.
The private-equity groups BC Partners and Blackstone have teamed up to put in a joint bid for the maker of Birds Eye brands.
Blackstone owns Pinnacle, a US foods group which owns the rights to the Birds Eye brand in the US.
It had previously been thought that Blackstone was competing with BC on the deal, but the two appear to have joined forces for tonight's auction deadline.
Rival private equity firm PAI Partners pulled out of the auction process after failing to find a partner to share the cost.
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.