Persimmon 2008 profits down 78%
Tuesday 03 March 2009
Housebuilder Persimmon reported its underlying pre-tax profit dropping 78 per cent in 2008 today, but said it is confident of its position after renegotiating its bank facilities yesterday.
Britain's second biggest housebuilder by market value, posted a 78 per cent fall in 2008 pretax profits to £126.6m.
It made £585.1m in 2007.
Persimmon posted a pre-tax loss of £780m including land writedowns and goodwill charges.
Fears that Persimmon may need to raise funds were soothed yesterday when the company announced it had renegotiated terms on its existing debt and also agreed a new facility of £322m, repayable in 2012. It will have funding lines of £1.08bn, reducing to £560m during 2011.
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
iJobs Money & Business
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: UNIX Application Support Analyst-...