Persimmon 2008 profits down 78%
Tuesday 03 March 2009
Housebuilder Persimmon reported its underlying pre-tax profit dropping 78 per cent in 2008 today, but said it is confident of its position after renegotiating its bank facilities yesterday.
Britain's second biggest housebuilder by market value, posted a 78 per cent fall in 2008 pretax profits to £126.6m.
It made £585.1m in 2007.
Persimmon posted a pre-tax loss of £780m including land writedowns and goodwill charges.
Fears that Persimmon may need to raise funds were soothed yesterday when the company announced it had renegotiated terms on its existing debt and also agreed a new facility of £322m, repayable in 2012. It will have funding lines of £1.08bn, reducing to £560m during 2011.
Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for the murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...