Pet and household cover lift RSA
Friday 04 May 2012
RSA, the country's biggest insurer, said 2012 got off to a "solid start" driven by good demand for household and pet insurance in the UK and strong sales in emerging markets, particularly Latin America.
It said first-quarter, net written premiums rose by 5 per cent from the previous year to £2.2bn with all regions delivering good growth.
RSA, which owns the More Than brand, said it was in the final stages of negotiation to provide home and pet insurance to John Lewis and Waitrose customers in the UK.
The chief executive Simon Lee said: "For the full year, we remain confident of delivering good premium growth and a combined operating ratio for the group of better than 95 per cent."
The life insurer Legal & General also said 2012 started well with overall sales flat for the first three months at £434m, despite a marked slowdown in savings sales as UK consumers tightened their belts.
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
iJobs Money & Business
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Age Concern Slough a...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: Crossroads Care is s...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35,000: SThree: We consistently strive to be ...
£50000 - £90000 per annum + benefits: Ampersand Consulting LLP: Markit EDM (CA...