Petrol price steers drivers to fuel-efficient vehicles
Wednesday 06 March 2013
Soaring petrol prices and household bills are encouraging more people to buy fuel-efficient cars, according to new figures released by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT).
It said private car sales in February rose by the most since the end of the Labour Government's car scrappage scheme in 2010.
Car registrations jumped by 7.9 per cent in February which is traditionally the slowest month of the year ahead of the new number plate which came in at the start of March.
Sales have now risen every month for the past year.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
The ten coldest places on Earth
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Housing double whammy: A whole generation ‘won’t be able to buy or rent a home’
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£45000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Technical Impl...
£65000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Rogue Trading ...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading, Cit...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Data Analyst -...