Pinewood Shepperton surges back into the black despite its TV hitch
Friday 28 June 2013
Pinewood Shepperton, the movie and TV studios where everything from James Bond to the talent show The Voice is filmed, swung to a pre-tax profit of £1.3m against a loss of £1.9m a year ago.
Ivan Dunleavy, chief executive, said demand was strong, although the TV business had suffered a hiatus as he upgraded the studio equipment from standard definition to high definition.
"Pinewood is not a film studio, it's a media studio," he said, explaining how he has tried to make it a multi-purpose production facility for everything from TV and film to computer games and commercials.
Its biggest film productions during the past year included Maleficent and World War Z.
Mr Dunleavy said the London area was suffering from a lack of production capacity after the closure of the BBC's Television Centre studios. "That means capacity has come out of the market. It's another reason why we're so vigorously pursuing our appeal to increase capacity at Pinewood."
Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
More than 200 flights delayed and cancelled at Heathrow as air traffic control problem affects airports across Britain
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Project Manag...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Business Analy...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...