Posh babies are next for Net-a-Porter mulls baby move
Luxury online retailer Net-a-Porter is hoping to tap into the demand for expensive childrenswear, home furnishings and cosmetics with early-stage plans for three new websites, The Independent has learned.
Net-a-Porter, founded in June 2000 by Natalie Massenet, already sells designer clothes and accessories for women, as well as menswear via MrPorter.com, launched a year ago, and the discount designer sector with TheOutnet.com that launched in 2009.
Now it is thought the company is looking at launching websites for upmarket baby and childrenswear, homeware and beauty.
Names in the pipeline could include Net-a-Bébé, Net-a-Beauté and Net-a-Maison.
The websites are part of the planned growth by the owner, the luxury conglomerate Richemont.
Swiss-based Richemont, the third-largest luxury goods company in the world by turnover behind LVMH and PPR, bought Net-a-Porter two years ago in a deal that valued it at more than £350m.
Net-a-Porter sells some of the best-known luxury brands.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
iJobs Money & Business
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£150 - £250 per day: Cornwallis Elt : iPhone Rollout- Blackberry Enginee...
£55000 - £70000 per annum: Pro-Recruitment Group: A well-known and renowned in...
£450 - £500 per hour: Cornwallis Elt : Business Analyst Finance System Hy...