Powa Technologies' instant phone payment
Wednesday 27 June 2012
The London-based start-up Powa Technologies will today launch what it claims is a unique mobile app that allows people to accept credit and debit card payments on their phone.
The chairman and chief executive Dan Wagner said the service, called mPowa, means a user can receive payments on the go "in a way never before seen in Britain".
Once the free app is downloaded by the customer and plugged into a separate card reader device on the phone, via the headphone socket or wireless Bluetooth, the card is checked and the user can type in their PIN.
Mr Wagner said mPowa will enable businesses to take payments immediately and reduce bad debt. The company will take a 25p or a 0.25 per cent fee charged on each transaction. Receipts will be sent by email or SMS.
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 4 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 5 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
iJobs Money & Business
Highly Competitive: Selby Jennings: Our client, a leading European Oil trading...
£43500 per annum + pension + holidays: The Jenrick Group: Night Shift Operatio...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £40,000 + Car + Pension: SThree: SThree are a ...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £35K: SThree: We consistently strive to be the...