Power's festivals group lists on Aim
Wednesday 29 June 2011
Music Festivals, the new venture set up by Vince Power, the man behind the Mean Fiddler venue chain, fell slightly on its first day of trading on London's growth market yesterday.
The company raised £6.5m following its flotation on the Alternative Investment Market. The shares opened at 67.5p in the morning only to fall over 1 per cent to close at 66.5p.
Mr Power said the listing was the first quoted pure music festivals business on the market and "will give everyone the chance to own a part of the thriving live music industry".
The funds will be used to buy the rights to five festivals today, including Hop Farm and Benicassim, the company said in its statement to the market.
- 1 This is what happens when you tattoo Charmander on yourself, drunk, and with no experience
- 2 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer has leaked – watch
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'
iJobs Money & Business
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45,000: SThree: SThree Group have been well e...
£50000 - £667000 per annum + excellent benefits : Ashdown Group: IT Manager / ...
£13000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Scotland's leading life insuran...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: Training Programme Manag...