Premier caps room prices
Friday 07 September 2012
Whitbread, the owner of Premier Inn, was yesterday preaching the benefits of playing the long-term game to win loyalty from customers instead of ramping up prices whenever possible. The hotel chain enjoyed booming sales over the summer, in part thanks to the Olympics, but said it kept prices in London capped.
Premier rooms sold for £199 during the Games, up to £100 less than it could have charged, the chief executive, Andy Harrison said. "We chose to protect the brand."
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for auction...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 3 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Scientists warn we've hit 'peak beard': The more people grow facial hair, the less attractive it is
iJobs Money & Business
£40000 - £50000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading, Cit...
£35000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: You must ...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: Corporate Acti...
£350 - £400 per day: Harrington Starr: An opportunity has arisen at a FCA regu...